What a year 2018 has been. Looking back over the year, its astonishing to see that we have spent over £27,500 on aid and support for the many refugees in Greece. Its fantastic that the amount we have helped has grown year on year since we began in 2015, and this is down to the amazing generosity and hard work of our supporters. When we say ASN Team UK is powered by you, we mean it- we remain completely voluntarily run and rely on donations to provide the help and support we do.
Here’s a breakdown of how we’ve made a difference this year;
- £1777 has gone to Nea Kavala Art Without Borders funding food and art supplies.
- £1143 has been spent on shipping donated aid items out to Greece.
- £278 was spent on The Khora Info Map Project.
- £2755 has been spent on the Hygiene Kit Program in Leros in collaboration with ECHO100Plus.
- £4037 was granted to The Orange House funding food, renovations and the start up of a new project.
- £1217 has been spent on food for refugees in Rhodes in collaboration with Oasis.
- £1488 has supported residents in Villa Artemis and Pikpa, Leros funding a new washing machine, baby items, and other support as needed in collaboration with Leros Solidarity Network.
- £440 was sent as a grant to Tiafi working in Turkey to help fund the operation of rehabilitation of disabled and injured child refugees.
- £3652 was granted ECHO100Plus to support the operation of their amazing day centre- The Hub.
- £3352 was spent on underwear in collaboration with The Unmentionables.
- £3372 has been sent to Samos Volunteers to help fund their vital work on Samos.
- £2466 was granted to The Greek Council For Refugees to help fund food vouchers and emergency items.
- £343 was sent to Steps to fund a months worth of food for distribution in Athens.
- £1127 has been given to Cribs International, funding rent for vulnerable refugee families in Athens.
- £74 has been sent to Doc Mobile in Athens to support their work.
This aid has literally reached thousands of people in need, and thank you for all your support. Our focus remains on reaching as many people as possible to help provide aid, support and hope to these vulnerable people. The number of refugees in Greece is rising and there are still many gaps in care. Help us fill as many of these as we can by clicking the button below. All our thanks from the ASN Team- Ben, Denise, Donna, Joel and Sean.